On-line Photography Course OneA new affordable and exciting way to learn photography. Ideal for anyone at beginner to intermediate level who wants to learn digital photography or simply improve the pictures they like to take, or just have fun with a camera.
- 1) 20–module photography course, improve your photography in less than a week.
- 2) Unlimited lifetime access including all future updates for free.
- 3) Two bonus features, landscape and portrait photography.
- 4) Hundreds of illustrations and easy to follow explanations.
- 5) Self assessment, including multiple choice with detailed answers.
- 6) Assignments putting into practise what has been learnt.
- 7) Submit three images with pacific details to qualify for a pass certificate.
- 8) Tuition by Hugh Nicholas who has over three decades of experience.
- 9) Compatible with PC, Apple, smart phones and tablets.
- 10) Learn from professionals, we do this for a living.
- 1) Pros and cons of different types of cameras.
- 2) Camera controls: what’s what?
- 3) Metering: getting the exposure right.
- 4) Lenses: Primes, macros and zooms.
- 5) Understanding shutter speeds.
- 6) Understanding apertures and depth of field.
- 7 Using histograms and why they are important.
- 8) Camera image sensors and how they work.
- 9) Taking control, never miss a shot.
- 10) Choosing the right tripod and camera bag.
- 11) Using polarising, ND and skylight filters.
- 12) How to use on-camera and remote-flash.
- 13) Composition in colour and black & white.
- 14) ‘Freestyle’ portraits and photographing people.
- 15) Using available light when shooting landscapes.
- 16) Working with Jpeg, Tiff and RAW files.
- 17) Post-production and editing basics.
- 18) Choosing the right printer.
- 19) Self-assessment: with detailed answers.
- 20) Camera and equipment maintenance.
So, all you need is your coupon code
What will you learn
- Understand the main differences between camera types, lenses, and accessories – so you can make an informed choice.
- Understand the digital process, and its limitations, so you can take control.
- Know the basics, plus some advanced techniques – including ‘tricks of the trade’
- Be able to make the most of all photographic opportunities, achieving more than you thought possible and producing professional images with the minimum of equipment.
- View your subject creatively using composition and Adobe post-production techniques.
- Understand how to work with colour and black & white – to create stunning images.
- Be able to get the best from available light – on camera and remote flash.
- Shoot like a professional – having learned easy techniques on how to photograph family, children, pets, landscapes, sunsets and much more.
- Find out the best way to save and process your images ready for printing, uploading to photobooks or re-sizing for social media.
A small sample of course content
Composition, work with colours, shapes, reflections, movement and much more.
Understand how light effects the subject and how to obtain the best exposure.
The three images below were taken in a short period of time, learn how.
Learn basic Photoshop and Post-Production techniques.
As you progress through this course, you will come across photographic terms not yet explained, so click on ‘glossary of terms’ (found at the bottom of each module) for an explanation.
At the end of each section will be a summary of each lesson. ‘Summary, keeping it simple’ The majority of the modules have an assignment designed to train you as a photographer.
At the end of the course is a self assessment with detailed answers and a multiple choice section asking all the questions you will need to become a successful photographer.
Prove your ability
Once you have completed this on-line course and have grounded knowledge of photography, come on a location course, meet Hugh and hone your skills.
What camera equipment do i need for this course?
It doesn’t matter if you haven’t got all of the camera equipment recommended as you will be able to make a more informed choice to suit your needs once you have completed the course.
We have some great suggestions on what cameras and accessories to purchase in our ‘Article’ section.
My studio and i have taken more than 15,000 freestyle portraits, i have photographed over 1,500 weddings, have worked for over 200 commercial clients and run numerous photography courses over three decades.
I work 6 to 7 long days a week, I’m never happier than when i have a camera in my hands.
For me, photography isn’t a job it’s a passion!
My mission is simple
I have the knowledge, a lot of experience, helpful contacts and enthusiasm which I’m happy to share. This photography course is for anyone who wants to learn photography or simply wants to improve the pictures they like to take, or just have fun with a camera.
All purchased on-line photography courses and tutorials will be available for an unlimited period and subject to all free updates including videos in the future.
I’m here to help……Enjoy
Hugh is a true professional, he really knows his stuff. Every question I fired at him he not only answered in detail but showed examples of work and diagrams to make it easy to understand. I have been on several photography courses to further my knowledge, but I have learnt more in one day on Hughs course than all the others put together! I would thougherly recommend. Excellent. Alison Coaten ceramics
Hugh’s course has been very helpful in my getting to grips with both my camera and the essence of good photographs. His easy way of explaining both the technical and the artistic has been of more help than he could he imagine. There is a clear difference in the before and after shots! Would happily recommend him and his courses.
Best regards, Mike Mills
I have just returned from my break and whilst a little tardy (apologies) wanted to say thank you for the training course that you ran. Kim and I both found it exceedingly informative and whilst we probably will never make David Bailey levels it will go to help us move things forward. Kim and Louise – Progreen